Saturday, February 3, 2018

On the Workbench: Harpies Encounter Group

Here's where I am with my harpies for D&D. The Grenadier harpies by Sandra Garrity and the Ral Partha AD&D harpies by Bob Olley mix very well together, with the Olley ones looking older and more crone-like. Here are the first five and I have more should I wish to expand the group, though five harpies seems like a pretty tough encounter for any adventurers in my campaign.


I like both sets of sculpts a lot but had to change the breasts, as they had no sag or believable weight to them and were covered up with fig-leaf-like feathers. I cut them off and sculpted them again with green stuff, using reference pictures of women having gone their life topless.  The one on the far right also has it's mold line down her center as she faces forward, and her face was a bit squashed because of it, so I filled it out with greenstuff.


I did the modifications a few years ago and started painting them here in 2018. Nearly done!

No comments:

Post a Comment